Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wouldn't it be nice?

On my run this morning, I started thinking over the thoughts that had been running through my head concerning other stories that I have read from some really great writers.

The last couple of days, I have been thinking as reader and pondering the beautiful way in which some writers bring their characters to life.  It got me thinking about how it be so great if those characters were real tangible people.  Flaws and all.  

I'm tired of the Katie Holms, Tom Cruises, Brad Pitts and Sandra Bullock types brought to life by their publicists and managers.  It is tired some.  It made me wish for the Daniel from the Lauren Kate's Series, or Tohrment or Veck from J.R. Ward's Series, or even Patch from Becca Fitzpatrick's books.  I know they are angels, a vampire and a human thrown in for good measure.  But just their strong beliefs to do right, their fierce loyalty and ability to love.  We miss that in the people around us I believe and our real life "characters" in the form of stars disappoint sometimes on so many levels as we are voyers into their lives.  But still, it has me wishing.

Yes,  have been thinking, wouldn't it be nice.  I so hope that readers want to know my characters as much as I do

No comments: